[LAU] partition table

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 07:01:37 UTC 2010

rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Do you have a special /home partition? Why or why not?

Yes. Have /home on a completely separate drive. Did it more for disk
space, and also to help prevent a death of the main drive also taking my
data with it.

> Will performance be better if you have a special partition for audio?

I would think it would help by keeping disk seeks and such to a minimum;
the drive heads would only be dealing with your audio files, not getting
moved off to somewhere else because some non-audio program wanted to
read or write something on the same disk.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community