[LAU] Ardour3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 20 17:30:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Fabio <capoeirista at arcor.de> wrote:
> Dear Paul,
>
> I installed Ardour 3 from here on my Arch-system: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34433
> + ou - only to have a look at what is coming.

No Linux distribution should be packaging Ardour3 at this time. It is
APPALLING that they are doing this.

> I get a segfault when pressing play, I don't know if I can help since I am no dev, but if I could help debugging i would.

until there is an alpha release, there is no question of any one
really trying to help you above and beyond basic URL's like

    http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour
    http://ardour.org/how_to_report_a_bug

we have not asked (and are not asking) for people not comfortable with
debuggers and other tracing tools to be using ardour3 at this time.