[LAU] Ardour3

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:17:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:44:34 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Bernardo Barros
> <bernardobarros2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Paul, I suggested to remove the package.
> >
> > I also wrote the following note:
>
> I'm comfortable with that note. I just hope that people actually read
> it.

It won't be much read, as most Archers use utilities like yaourt which
download the scripts automatically without seeing the comments which
are only on the web page.

But that's not a problem IMHO. The AUR is a user maintained and free
collection of scripts (*not* packages), anyone can upload anything to it
and everyone using it does so at his own risk (BTW it works
wonderfully). But that's pretty much acknowledged in the Arch community
- and shouldn't it be generally, in the linux community, since we all
use free software at "our own risk"?

renato