[LAU] Ardour3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 21 03:50:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 December 2010 10:55, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>> there were 16 commits to svn within the last 20 hours. some of these
>> were deep changes to the way things work (though hopefully not
>> resulting in any visible breakage, we don't know, which is why its not
>> released yet). do you really think that arch linux users who are using
>> a pkgbuild to try this out have any grasp of what is going on?
>>
>> maybe the answer, your answer, is "yes". i'm quite a bit more skeptical.
>
> I'd be as skeptical as you, if that's the question. There are bound to
> be those who just want to "try" ardour3.

right. and that's the whole point. i don't want people who "just want
to try it" to do so at this point because i don't believe its ready
for them. and when they find its not ready, as they likely will, what
will their reaction be? the idea is to limit the set of people "just
trying it" to people who are ready for it to break on them and
willing to get involved and help us fix the issue. what you're
alluding to is to me more like a beta test. we haven't released an
alpha yet.