[LAU] Ardour3

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 14:17:24 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Paul has *asked* distro maintainers to respect his wishes that A3
development remain tightly controlled by the team. Some distro
maintainers obviously feel that this means they can ignore his wishes if
they so please. Freedom raises its beautiful ugly head again, with its
double-edged blade at the ready.

Honestly, did the designers of the Arch script confer with PD before
they made the decision to release the script ? It seems to me that it
would have been the civil thing to do. They can't have been unaware of
Paul's previous statements regarding A3's distribution, or am I wrong
about that ?

It just seems a bit slippery to release a buildscript in a repo. I think
that if you want to build A3 you should demonstrably have the chops
yourself and you should abide by the developer's intentions.

Btw, is KXStudio still packaging A3 or a buildscript for it ? I asked
the maintainer but he never responded.

Best,

dp