[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys - en rose så jeg skyde

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 10:09:02 UTC 2010

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Today it's the 4th sunday of advent. I've made a new version of the
> danish christmas carol "en rose så jeg skyde". It might require a bit
> more patience than the latest handful of tunes I did, hope you reset
> your expectations and enjoy!
>
> http://music.modlys.dk/track/en-rose-s-jeg-skyde
> http://atte.dk/download/en_rose_saa_jeg_skyde.mp3

Finally listening to this, on headphones. Didn't require any patience!

I don't understand a word of Danish (ascribe it to my being American)
but the song opens and sounds like music on anime soundtracks. I like
being able to hear the words as sounds, rather than as meanings.

I like the spaciousness. It sounds like the sound field is not just
front and side but wrapped around a bit to the back.

When the percussion comes in, it sounds like you somehow added some
crunch to the percussion sounds?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com