[LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 00:03:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Jouni Rinne <l33tmmx at gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
>Now I should decide whether I 1) return the drive (the data
> I have in there *should* still fit on my other drives) and replace it
> with a Seagate or 2) try to fix the firmware.
> Thanks for hints and help, and merry Xmas!
>
> JR

Or choose a different WD drive that doesn't have the problem. I went
for 500GB RAID Edition drives. Faster, WAY longer lifetime, all the
features required for RAID, but a bit more expensive and less space.

But if you don't need 2TB, like you might for video recording, etc.,
then to me 500GB was still overkill.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EMZPD0/ref=oss_product

Cheers,
Mark