[LAU] state of multimedia FOSS tools

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Sun Dec 26 22:55:57 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Kim Cascone's message of 2010-12-26 05:47:00 +0100:
> http://libregraphicsworld.org/articles.php?article_id=26

Quite.. interesting..
And quite funny that he wrote ardour supports LADISH (news to me) and
never even mentions jack-session.

I also like "First of all, active development of plug-ins stopped around
mid-2000s ..."

Then he lists a project called Holos, which I had never heard of before.
Little surprise since it's at version 0.0.0.

It was interesting to read about the graphics stuff, but I won't start
about this: "G-C-M" ... "now part of gnome" ... "means" ... "now available to
everyone on Linux". The G-C-M page goes on about how great the now "Deep
integration into the GNOME" is. What's wrong with those people? Who the
hell tells them that it's a good idea to do "deep integration" into GNOME?