[LAU] state of multimedia FOSS tools

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Dec 26 23:03:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Ronan Jouchet <ronan at jouchet.fr> wrote:

> Then a community spinoff, "Libredour", will launch, instantly giving
> birth to a second fork dubbed "Abledour, because Libresomething is a
> crappy name", which will be sued by Ableton, forcing a new fork called
> Brdour, which will *aaaAAaah*

you forgot the fork that will be created because C++ is such a crappy
language. actually, there will be 7 of them, and young children will
flock to each like they do to fresh candy :)

but to reveal a few secrets early, the next version of ardour will be
"Re-pour" and the one after that, "Ablebodied". we then plan a windows
release called "Sowhat", an homage to my uncle Miles, and a followup
which be used by elven folk only, called "Endor" (it will not be ewok
friendly, alas). Having fully mined that particular motherlode of geek
terminology in one step, the plan is to follow rui's release names for
qtractor, so the version of Ardour that will lead to complete
domination of the known universe will be called "incredibly hot woman
with a PhD in subatomic physics and a 29:32 10k personal best who
worked as an escort during college and also is the executive chef at
sardignia's only 6-star restaurant".

--p "its our DAW"