[LAU] Compiling Aube

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Dec 28 11:10:42 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 11:56 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Renato<rennabh at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:27:41 +0300
>> Louigi Verona<louigi.verona at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Guys, did anyone try to compile this rather old but intriguing piece
>>> of software?
>>>
>>> http://www.metadecks.org/software/aube/
>>>
>>> For me it says it needs gtk and although I have both gtk1.2 and gtk2
>>> dev packages installed, it is still not happy.
>>>

>> for me ./configure went smoothly, though it gave this error in "make":
>>
>> aube.c:12:23: fatal error: gdk_imlib.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> Louigi, have you tried running "./configure --with-gtk-prefix=PFX" with
>> PFX being the "Prefix where GTK is installed (optional)"? (got it
>> from ./configure --help)
>>
>> HTH
>> renato
>>

> I tried it, but maybe I am putting in something wrong. I checked Synaptic,
> it seems most files of gtk dev are in
> usr/lib, several in lib/include.
> I tried doing ./configure --with-gtk-prefix=usr/lib, but it did not help.

Hello Louigi,

You need the following Debian Lenny packages for Aube to compile:
gdk-imlib11_1.9.15-7_i386.deb
gdk-imlib11-dev_1.9.15-7_i386.deb
imlib-base_1.9.15-7_all.deb
libglib1.2-dev_1.2.10-19_i386.deb
libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19_i386.deb
libgtk1.2_1.2.10-18.1_i386.deb
libgtk1.2-common_1.2.10-18.1_all.deb
libgtk1.2-dev_1.2.10-18.1_i386.deb

After that it should compile and run, at least it does on my Ubuntu
10.04 32bits system.

Best,

Jeremy