[LAU] qtractor 0.4.7

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Dec 29 10:27:03 UTC 2010

 On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:49:14 -0800, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com>
 wrote:
> I want to build qtractor 0.4.7 with vst hosting capabilities so
> following the instructions in the README.VST text file
>
> I downloaded the vst include files, placed them at root in
> '/usr/include/'
> and proceeded to build qtractor 0.4.7 on Ubuntu 10.10
>
> by the way, I'm using the 2.6.35-24-generic kernel (since it works
> with broadcom drivers)
>
> the './configure' got as far as looking for the jack libs
> (which I do have installed and am using on a daily basis)
> and failed
> here is the error message from './configure':
>
> 'checking for main in -ljack... no
> configure: error: JACK library not found.'
>
> is there something in the jack lib that wasn't installed or is there
> a path I need to fix somewhere?
>
> any help is appreciated!
> KIM

 could it be that you don't have the necessary development stuff
 installed ?

 depending on the distro these are packages with -devel (fedora,
 opensuse .rpm) or -dev (debian, ubuntu .deb). The names might not be
 quite exactly the same but look forward to install all of these and
 their respective dependencies (assuming the debian/ubuntu numenclature):

 mandatory:
     libqt4-dev
     libasound2-dev
     libjack-dev