[LAU] qtractor 0.4.7 - part 2

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 19:24:54 UTC 2010

Kim Cascone wrote:
> OK many thanks to Dave and Rui! :) - missing Jack dev files was the
> problem
>
> it seems that after my upgrade the dev files were not installed
>
> so I installed them and was able to compile qtractor with vst - I
> tested it with discoDSP/highlife sampler and it works
>
> one problem though...I am not able to use LV2 plugs
>
> how do I set the 'configure' to include the services listed below?
>

> Version: 0.4.7
> Build: Dec 28 2010 11:57:17
> MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 (libmad) file support disabled.
> Pitch-shifting support (librubberband) disabled.
> OSC service support (liblo) disabled.
> DSSI Plug-in support disabled.
> LV2 Plug-in support disabled.
> JACK Session support disabled.

Hi Kim,

At first look I'd say you're missing the dev packages for those
features. So you'll need libmad-dev, liblo-dev, and so forth. You
shouldn't have to do anything else if things are in their expected
locations, the LV2 support is enabled by default in the configure
script. The script will throw the errors you've received if it doesn't
find the dev packages.

You may need to compile JACK yourself for session support, but someone
else will have to verify that. I'm still on Jack1 on my machines.

HTH,

dp