[LAU] HDSP mixer doesnt open. openSuse 11.3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Dec 29 20:53:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Yosef Werner <yw.werner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> recently updated my Suse to 11.3 everything seems working but the hdsp
> matrix mixer doesn't open, thus I don't get sound via the rme 9652. The hdsp
> config opens and the card is recognised by system. Could this be due to a
> problem in alsa-tools-gui 10.0.23 (in 11.2 I used alsa-tools-gui 10.0.21)

no, its not "due to" a problem ... it *is* a problem with
alsa-tools-gui, since this program is part of that package.

the same issue occurs on fedora. i filed a bug report more than a year
ago. i have no idea what the problem is. the packager does not have an
RME card to test it with; self-compiling it creates a working
application.