[LAU] two new songs

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Dec 30 13:38:01 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I've posted two new songs on my site. Both are rough mixes prepared for
my band, but I figured I'd post them anyway until I find the time to do
a more decent job. Yes, the second song has some tuning discrepancies,
and yes, I'm really that lazy.

Notes from my page at http://linux-sound.org/ardour-music.html :

Here in Ohio USA we have an interesting law that requires a convicted
drunk driver to put specially-colored license plates on his or her
vehicle (assuming s/he's still allowed to drive, of course). Law
enforcement officers can easily spot such plates, and of course everyone
else gets to cast humiliation on the idiot who decided to drink and
drive. The following song is dedicated to my foolish neighbor who
managed to fall afoul of the authorities, winning himself some brightly
colored tags for his truck. Hilarity ensues.

    http://linux-sound.org/audio/Orange_Plates.mp3

Okay, so much for the poor unfortunate Floyd. The next song was inspired
by none other Rusty Campbell, my good friend and fellow musician, who
also happens to play drums in my band. Strange to say, this song has
become a crowd-pleaser and is one of our most-requested tunes. Of course
it isn't /really/ about Rusty (a.k.a. El Viejo). The poor fellow was
just minding his own business, then he gets hit with this assessment.
Inspiration can be so cruel.

    http://linux-sound.org/audio/drummerinabluesband.mp3

Lyrics are on the page mentioned above.

Happy holidays to all !