[LAU] (double) bass samples for Linuxsampler

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:55:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know. Possibly not. GigaStudio is dead. A focus by the LAU
>>> Sampler community to remain *.gig focused may cause problems longer
>>> term.
>>>
>> Makes me worrying to... But what could we do about it?
>>

> Get the LS people to actively support not only Giga  format but also
> EXS24/Structure/Kontakt/HALion formats.

kt2 files have already been deciphered by LS team to the best of my knowledge.

EXS24 has no public information on them and needs a) a Mac and b)
reverse-engineering.

Can't say anything about Structure or HALion or muSynth.

Once again, reverse-engineering is not a problem as long as there are
people a) owning actual authoring software and willing to help and b)
willing to write actual code to support file formats.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org