[LAU] Dell 1394 4 pin connector

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Dec 30 18:49:22 UTC 2010

On 12/29/2010 06:33 PM, Harry Van Haaren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I presume your aware that the 4 pin Firewire (1394) connector doesn't
> supply power, and
> you'll need to provide power seperate to the unit. (DC adapter)
yep -- DC connected via wall wart

> Also, you sa "the system doesnt recorgnize" your FireBox, did you try
> start JACK? Or what
> did you do to try it out?
also yep - and nada

> Also: what does the following command produce (prints out if your
> firewire modules are loaded) :
> lsmod | grep 1394

here are some commands with output:

lsmod | grep 'firewire\|1394'

xt_limit                1394  7
firewire_ohci          21042  0
firewire_core          46643  1 firewire_ohci
crc_itu_t               1383  1 firewire_core

======================

lspci | grep 1394

09:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller
(rev 05)

==================

sudo ffado-test ListDevices

FFADO test and diagnostic utility
Part of the FFADO project -- www.ffado.org
Version: 2.999.0-
(C) 2008, Daniel Wagner, Pieter Palmers
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

=== 1394 PORT 0 ===
   Node id  GUID                  VendorId     ModelId   Vendor - Model
    0       0x0000000000000000  0x00000000  0x00000000   Linux Firewire -
no message buffer overruns

what is