[LAU] VocProc - vocal processing app

Igor Brkic igor at hyperglitch.com
Mon Feb 1 12:15:16 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Joe Button <joe at joebutton.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for doing this, I'd love to get this working. Unfortunately this
> is what I get at startup on Ubuntu Karmic:

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Giorgio - Audiophilo
<anomalsound at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running Ubuntustudio KK 9.10, i've compiled VocProc without any problem
> but as soon as i run it (./VocProc) it crashes and i get this from the
> terminal:
> $ ./VocProc
> loaded "chromatic"...
> loaded "full"...
> loaded "pentatonic"...
> loaded "harmonic E minor"...
> the sample rate is now 44100/sec
> zombified - calling shutdown handler
> Any hints?

I installed Ubuntu Karmic inside VirtualBox, tried VocProc inside it
and wasn't able to recreate your situation. I also tried on Arch with
'normal' jack and with jack2 (jackdmp) and couldn't get it to crash.
Now I'm downloading Ubuntu Studio to also try with it.
Would you please be so kind to try this code and post the output:
http://hyperglitch.com/files/VocProc-debug.tar.gz
It is actually the same code with added bunch of couts.

BTW. I also updated the code on site to use pkg-config for
configuration. Didn't have any problems with it but if somene does
please let me know.

Cheers!
Igor