[LAU] Portable Digital Recorders

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Mon Feb 1 13:23:26 EST 2010

On 31 January 2010 at 16:48, Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:

>     I have the Zoom H2 and it works fine with Linux.  I also
> like the fact that it has 4 mics instead of 2 like the H4.  You
> can record front and rear at the same time.

The H2 has some very interesting features indeed!  2 pairs of
2 mics with multiple ways to enable them is one.  2 seconds of
pre-roll at all times is another.  Another is it's ability to
turn itself on/off depending on the volume of sound it detects.
I wonder if the time-stamped Broadcast WAV format it can use
could be used to determine at what time sounds may have been
detected?  That might let me figure out when during the day/night
that a rat is digging into my compost bin.

Thanks....

--
Kevin