[LAU] VocProc - vocal processing app

Igor Brkic igor at hyperglitch.com
Mon Feb 1 15:19:28 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:
> It is fun and works well. The port names are helpful.

Thank you

> What is formant correction ?

It preserves color of the voice (timbre) while pitch shifting so you
don't sound like you inhaled helium on higher pitch factors.

> Is the threshold of pitch-correction related to the frequency or amplitude ?

It is related to frequency.
I calculated it as diff=abs((df-f)/f), where df is desired frequency
and f is current frequency, and then that diff is compared to
threshold.

> Which scales does the scale slider select ?

Currently it is:
0 - chromatic scale
1 - C major (white keys on piano)
2 - pentatonic scale
3 - harmonic E minor

Scales are defined in scales.xml file and can easily be added. When I
find some time I will add more of them. Also in one of next versions I
plan to make better GUI so that scale can be chosen by name.

> Robot voices for Linux.
> Thank you !

You're welcome! :)

Igor