[LAU] removing hiss from samples

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:00:24 EST 2010

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Audacity has such a feature. It works quite OK, given, you do not overdo
> it. It can add some phasing and tends to make the overall sound somewhat
> murky so one needs to fiddle a lot with the preview before applying it...
>
> You first select a noise-reference in you file, then call  the
> noise-remover and tell it to use the selected audio as a noise-sample.
> Then you select a range you want to clean up and start fiddeling with
> the (few) settings ....

Hmmm. A quick test suggests that audacity doesn't really do that great a
job, at leat for these particular samples. The biggest problem is the
noise is still there, although in a stuttering fashion, in the attack
part of the sample.

Will try later when I have more time, also I'll check out the de-esser
suggested by Patrick.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk