[LAU] CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Tue Feb 2 08:56:33 EST 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:40:54 -0500, Luke Peterson <luke.peterson at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Wow, this seems like a fantastic idea if your goal is to scare the crap
out
> of the commercial manufacturing side of the digital audio world, cause
> hesitation in further participation in the linux/open source community,
and
> get an individual contributor to the community fired from his job/sued.
>
> Muse makes interesting, helpful products, has a lot of valuable IP
invested
> in computer audio production, and as a result of this exchange very
likely
> are about to institute a corporate policy dictating their employees
never
> contribute any of that knowledge to public forums such as this.

Just to make this clear, I am not shooting at Muse, but at Pace, the
manufacturer of this so called iLok, which doesn't seem to be really
interested in free software anyways. And there obviously doesn't seem to be
any kind of "hesitation in further participation in the linux/open source
community" when the first thing you do is threaten someone of a lawsuit for
a post that *honestly doesn't contain any kind of useful intel*...

Reading the so called offending thread and not top-posting would help
before posting in this very interesting flamewar :D

--
Marc-Olivier Barre
XMPP ID : marco at marcochapeau.org
www.MarcOChapeau.org