[LAU] CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

Mike Mazarick mazarick at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 2 09:33:56 EST 2010

I'd suggest that we give Michael Ost a break and remove the post.

How many of us have hit the 'send' button, only to regret it later?

As many avid readers know, this is a pretty small and esoteric community, and there is very little danger that anyone outside of this community will ever read the post (public or not) including me.  I am so confident that so little we write will be read that I intend to pull an April Fool's joke on a couple hundred musicians without even worrying about the danger of them reading the archives and getting the outline of the joke.

We all know that NDAs are the equivalent of the Japanese card exchange ceremony (only Americans are so caught up in lawsuits that an NDA replaces the business cards).  Why a company would not want to get free publicity is beyond me, it's pretty hard to come by.  They must be playing the 'secret' game to enhance the value of their completely indecipherable message.

I guess you've inspired me to devote the necessary cycles and go ahead and play the April Fool's joke.

-Mike Mazarick

PS - If Michael Ost wanted to post the NDA after removing the identifiable company names, we could probably all use a good NDA, if nothing else but to have our own 'card' to pull out to let folks know we are 'players' that have to be taken seriously.