[LAU] VocProc - vocal processing app

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Feb 3 17:07:32 EST 2010

Igor Brkic wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> First post to this list :) and I will use it to present small project
> I've been working on.
>

> VocProc is a real time JACK application for vocal processing including
> pitch shifting, automatic pitch correction and vocoder.
>
> It is basically the same thing as fons' jretune or Tom's autotalent. I
> wanted that functionality but at that time fons didn't made it and I
> wasn't aware of autotalent. So I made it myself and decided to release
> it. I have not tried any of the above for now, so I cannot say
> anything about sound quality differences.
>
> I made a working version of VocProc some time ago, but now finally
> found some time to clean the code and prepare it to be released.
>
> You can grab the code at:
> http://hyperglitch.com/dev/VocProc
>
> Currently, code was only tested and compiled on my computer (Arch
> Linux, fftw-3.2.2, Qt4.5) and it works OK (for me).
>
> Any feedback and bug reports are appreciated.
>
> Cheers!
> Igor

Hello Igor,

Hereby a little soundclip so people get the idea what this is all about:
http://linux.autostatic.com/images/2010-02/theinfiniterepeat-adreamitseems.ogg
(snippet of an idea I'm working on)

Normal voice on the left, VocProc'd voice on the right.
The rest:
Beats: Hydrogen with 909 kick and maracas, GSCW2 rim, kick and hihats
Synth: PHASEX
Sampler: Qsynth with Melloflute SoundFont
Vocals: me + VocProc + Yoshimi Trash Guitar 1

Yeah, nice tool, thanks again for sharing!

Best,

Jeremy