[LAU] n00b help with MUSE, and another thing

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Feb 5 02:09:30 EST 2010

Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
>     as soon as I
>
>     launch Jack, I lose all sound from the YouTube video I'm trying to
>     watch in Firefox. How does one get around that?
>
>     tia
>
> My personal solution for this problem is DUAL BOOT.
> I use Ubuntu for youtube, emails, accounting and similar

Hmmm. I download the YouTube video (Download Helper is very useful for
that) and watch it in mplayer. I have mplayer set to output to JACK, so
I get to hear YouTube's idea of quality sound through JACK. Many times,
I'm not sure why I bothered ... ;-)

I believe you can also play Flash videos in a web page through JACK if
you have your browser set to use xine to play the video, and set xine to
play audio through JACK.

Don't know if that's very useful to you. I find Download Helper much
more convenient than dual booting, even with Linux. ;-)

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community