[LAU] gentoo pain

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Fri Feb 5 08:55:26 EST 2010

I've started trying to get a RT pre-empt system using Gentoo. It's
painful. Spent most of my time so far just trying to boot a custom
kernel which I had zero problems with in Debian.

Is the pro_audio overlay any good? does it have the latest s/w?

Before I built a custom 2.6.31-rt20 kernel, I used the pro_audio overlay
to get rt-sources which gave 2.6.16 which seems ancient.

Would anyone actually recommend gentoo for setting up an RT audio system?