[LAU] GPX2 and Linux Audio?

Pelle Nilsson perni at lysator.liu.se
Mon Feb 8 15:39:28 EST 2010

Hi,

Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> writes:

> So, one of the things that fell out of the recent clusterfudge about censoring mailing lists, is someone pointed to a post about the GP2X as a linux synth platform.
>
> Has anyone actually used the GP2X as a Linux synth? Got jackd and
> fluidsynth or any other synths running on it? Got USB host mode going
> to run an external audio interface?

I've tried to keep an eye on new apps for the GP2X since I got mine 4
years ago, and I can't remember any ports of desktop Linux audio apps or
JACK or anything, but there are some interesting ones like
littlegptracker (a port from the GP32; also available for desktop
Linux).

Unless my knowledge is outdated, this is where to look for what is
available (even if you probaby found this already, maybe someone on the
list will find it interesting):
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi
Maybe in the Audio and Video Section here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,6

--
/Pelle