[LAU] netjack1/2

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:15:05 EST 2010

After reading that last post about the distributed studio[1], it made me
think of how network transfer of 40 channels of audio into and out of
up to 6 machines is possible.

As a simple test, I wired 2 machines over a 10/100Mb connection, private
network, 1 router and 1 switch. I fired up the tools as described in the
how-to[2] then opened up xmms, wired it to netjack (on the client)
and routed the server netjack to my main outs... sounded great! until I
noticed xruns occasionally.

So I guess my question is simply: is netjack2 really that capable and
if so, what are the tweaks involved to get seemless audio using it.

Does anyone here use netjack2 ... and if so, what is the primary
purpose?

thanks
David

[1]