[LAU] n00b help with MUSE, and another thing

Joseph Sheedy joseph.sheedy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:59:56 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> I can't stand dual boot.  My solution is 2 computers (actually more).  A
> dedicated audio machine and a general workstation.   So many fast
> computers are so cheap, and if space it tight, small cases are available
> and a KVM can be used to share a single screen.

Monitors are cheap now too, so if you have desk space each machine can
have a screen and you can share your keyboard and mouse with synergy:

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

One advantage of this is cut and paste across different OSes, it's a
lifesaver for me.   I've never gotten the flash plugin to work with
jack, I find it handy to have a browser capable of playing flash
videos sitting on another screen rather than going through the
download -> mplayer stage on my primary box.