[LAU] OT: talent and craftsmanship [was: Re: OT: Dub Fx]

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Feb 12 14:17:35 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:

> Over lunch I mentioned to him that few users of software
> or electronic instruments have the amount of control over
> their tools that he clearly has over his violins.
> His reply was very short and dry: they don't take the
> time to learn it.

I believe that he is wrong, and I'll just play the Eno card: "a good
instrument has qualities that the body can learn and the mind cannot"

electronic/computer/electro-acoustic/software instruments/controllers:
a total failure by this metric, except for one:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?s=intimate+control+randall+jones

--p