[LAU] OT: Dub Fx

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Feb 13 12:51:50 EST 2010

luigi curzi wrote:
> Il giorno Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:32:29 +0100
> Jeremy <jeremy at autostatic.com> ha scritto:
>
>> And that is something the guy in the video doesn't do.
>
> for me, he "provokes certain emotions"; i like his music and his voice.
> also beatles/rolling stones/radiohead/massive attack etc. etc.
> are/was engaged by a big company, are they conventional?

Hello Luigi,

The Beatles got picked up after years of hard work. And they started out
as a conventional band, only to develop themselves and to become less
unconventional. Same goes for Radiohead. Their first album was the
English answer to Grunge. And for Massive Attack, they also fit in a
wider perspective, that of the Bristol scene of that era (Portishead,
Tricky, Massive Attack). I know nothing about the Stones, I'm a Beatles
guy ;)
And about provoking certain emotions, I'd like to refer to Barnett
Newman again:
http://www.artcrimes.net/who%2526%2523039%3Bs-afraid-red,-yellow-and-blue-iv,-1969-70

Best,

Jeremy