[LAU] 1980's cds: analog to digital conversion

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Sat Feb 13 14:28:52 EST 2010

Quoting "Aaron L." <elmastero74 at gmail.com>:

> I half-way agree.  The instruments sound "nice".
>
> The overall mix seems flat and extremely cold, to me.
>
> I'm sure some of this is just my 'grown up ears'  though.

To some degree I think it has to do with comparison. For that time it
might have been state of the art mixing/mastering, but now we're used
to a different type of sounds so the old mixes sounds flat in
comparison. It might also be nostalgia.

It'd be interresting if you managed to get hold of an/the old cassette
and do an A-B comparison.

-Peder