[LAU] 1980's cds: analog to digital conversion

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Feb 14 06:31:19 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 10:16:24PM -0500, Monty Montgomery wrote:

> I'm aware of how to construct digital IIR filters :-)  I was hoping
> you had a URL to a nice official analog topology.  The specific
> implementation details matter.

I'll make a nice drawing later. Right now I have
to finish my LAC paper !!

> > The channel EQ you'll find on most digital mixers is
> > not linear-phase at all, nor acausal.
>
> OK.  Time to become incredibly overspecific:
>
> Every digital EQ implementation I'm aware of for Linux is linear
> phase.  I wrote a few of 'em.

The only examples I know of are the FFT based EQ
in Jamin, and the octave band filters that come
with jconvolver.

Do you have some other examples ?

> Negative delays are perfectly possible in digital.  Well, if you
> ignore the wallclock (assume a global system latency, and a local
> negative latency within the system).  It's just a semantic/terminology
> argument at this point.

That's why I wrote 'operating in real time'.

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?