[LAU] 1980's cds: analog to digital conversion

Monty Montgomery xiphmont at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 12:50:20 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 10:16:24PM -0500, Monty Montgomery wrote:
>
>> Every digital EQ implementation I'm aware of for Linux is linear
>> phase.  I wrote a few of 'em.
>
> Meanwhile I looked at TAP, SWH and Invada.
>
> Lots of EQ, but *NOT A SINGLE* linear phase one.
>
> Examples, apart from Jamin's FFT EQ ? Where are yours ?

I can't even tell any longer what you're saying or not.  I thought you
just claimed JAMin wasn't linear, now you are?  If it's EQing via a
fixed length convolution, it's linear phase.

Apologies to everyone for helping to turn this into a dick wagging
contest. I'm not really interested in continuing it, last message on
the subject.

Cheers,
Monty