[LAU] OT: help choosing netbook

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:09:09 EST 2010

hi list,

long story short:  had a netbook, decided I needed more power, sold
it, got a piece of crap laptop from NewEgg, so bad that the retailer
is recalling them, so now I have about $400 to spend in store credit.

I need help picking a netbook.  specifically, I have no idea what
processor to choose, and obviously I want the most processor I can get
(for the money).  from researching a bit, I see that Intel's N450
processor is their *latest*, but does that mean that it is their
*best* of the Atom line?

here's one that looked interesting:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152163

and this one, but for more money:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220682

the list goes on and on...

basically, I want a great processor and I don't want to get bitten by
any outstanding bugs that will mess with jack/realtime/etc.
performance.  suggestions, gripes, flames, etc. are welcome.  :)

if it matters, it will run debian squeeze.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com