[LAU] Postfish & Beaverphonic

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Feb 16 15:22:48 EST 2010

On 02/16/2010 08:13 PM, Monty Montgomery wrote:

> Postfish was an app I simply decided I had no time to do justice.  I
> never got as far as JACKifying it (at the time, JACK didn't seem to
> want to run on any of my systems for more than about thirty seconds
> without crashing) and it needs an automation interface to make it
> useful as a monolithic effects bank.  JACKing it would be easy, but
> between a few bugs in the 'analog' sections that I never got around to
> fixing, the challenge of an automation interface, and taking on
> another project that would require supporting a large userbase, I
> decided it wasn't something I had time for.  I just use it myself and
> never released it.
>
> A few of the Audacity old-timers still use it, but it's been
> unmaintained for around six years.

funny. i've been following the xiph svn tree for a while, to get the
latest theora stuff, and judging from the name, i always thought
postfish was some arcane brainchild of conrad parker's :-D never
compiled it, though...

huge kudos for the theora development, btw. last time i used it was lac
2009, and the quantum leap in quality and efficiency was really really
amazing. if only we could convince those industry dorks to make it a
mandatory part of html5...

(sticks a cardboard periscope on head, dances about and chants "i'm the
submarine patent threat")

best,

jörn