[LAU] SMPTE timecode?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Feb 17 12:51:50 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
>> I'll be soing a field recording next week for a DVD music production.  Is
>> it possible to record an SMPTE timecode on a spare track?  I've found some
>> references on the web to something called LTC, which apparently is SMPTE
>> encoded thru an audio codec.
>>  Is there any support in Ardour that would use this information to make
>> post-production easier?
>
> Ardour understands only timecode as MTC (MIDI Timecode) : same data,
> different format.

  After I sent my request, I continued to search, and eventually found the
old Ardour manual, which has a chapter on MTC.  I'll see if the
videographers have the capability of feeding me a MIDI stream with MTC.
That will be much more useful in post, since Ardour will follow MMC.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009