[LAU] question re: MIDI control of SooperLooper and similar progs

Guru Prasad B. R. prasadbrg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:42:07 EST 2010

Dave Phillips wrote:
> If anyone here is using SooperLooper or Freewheeling or Kluppe with a
> MIDI foot controller (or any MIDI controller), please let me know what
> hardware you're using.
I've used both the Korg NanoKontrol and the NanoPad with SooperLooper on
stage. The NanoPad for triggering specific loops - I had the top row
pads  for "Trigger" and the bottom row pads for "Loop" mode. The
NanoKontrol as a mixer, with gain of each loop assigned to a fader.
Also, I had  the Kontrol's buttons assigned to mute individual loops. I
had the transport section of the Kontrol assigned globally, i.e. across
all loops.
The assignments took a few seconds, with the nice "midi-learn"
functionality (big thumbs-up to Jesse!).

Just a few of the gazillion possibilities with these two and SL. Big fan
of both the hardware and SL. Hope this helps...!

Cheers,

Guru