[LAU] Linux audio droid?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Thu Feb 18 13:46:40 EST 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 09:16 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Palm Pre is also running PA and various other useful apps/libs. In
> combination with webkit there's potential for a cross platform mobile
> audio app that could be run on all the major mobile OS's.

I have a Pre and have already messed with audio a little, but was only able
to get any input from gstreamer, and that was pretty flaky.  Haven't tried
to port any audio apps over.  But I see SDL is ported now, so between that
and PA there must be lower-level access to the hardware.  Good to know.

It certainly is a much more complete Linux environment than Android, even
if it's experiencing Windows-Mobile-like levels of unpopularity.

Rob