[LAU] UA-101

Colin Fletcher colin.m.fletcher at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:29:01 EST 2010

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Colin Fletcher wrote:
>> OK, I removed the quirk for usbquirks.h. Now, on plugging in the UA-1000
>> I get "BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
>> 00000004", and I have to power off to reset the computer.
>>
>> I took a picture of the backtrace, which I've uploaded to:
>>
>>      http://www.starlingaudio.co.uk/misc/201002191461.jpg
>>
>> I hope this is useful info for you.
>
> This looks like a bug in the EHCI driver; I'll see if I can reproduce
> this.
>
> Please try without PulseAudio (which isn't really at fault here).

That works a bit better: the module loads, and I can start jackd using
the card. I suspect it's not passing audio correctly, because jdelay
produced nonsensical-looking results, but I haven't investigated that
any further yet.

Stopping jackd provokes a similar-looking bug to before: partial
backtrace (the top scrolled off my screen) at

     http://www.starlingaudio.co.uk/misc/201002191462.jpg

Cheers,
Colin.