[LAU] Quipping at people's equipment choices (was more than 4 channels for listening? Really?)

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Sun Feb 28 05:25:02 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 05:06 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer wrote:
> On 26/02/2010, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> > Don't know about speakers, but I'm using a couple lengths of regular
> > electric power cord to connect my amp and speakers. ;-)
>
> Didn't someone once do some tests and conclude that the absolute
> zenith of amp/speaker cabling performance could be found in automobile
> jump leads?

I once set up some speakers for a test, involving two pairs of
well-known "high-end" cables and a pair of ordinary cables.

One pair stood out above the others, it appears.  I actually had people
offering to buy them!  I got hell off my Mum when I went back round to
her house though, because now the extension lead for the strimmer was
too short...

Gordon MM0YEQ