[LAU] ardour muted

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 28 06:32:53 EST 2010

On 02/26/2010 11:24 PM, Andras Simon wrote:
> On 2/26/10, Igor Brkic<igor at hyperglitch.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Andras Simon<szajmi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> It turns out that this is project-specific: I opened a few other
>>> projects and sound works fine with them. But still no sound with the
>>> one where I experienced the problem.
>>
>> Is everything OK with the wiring? Maybe you accidentally disconnected
>> some channels and now it plays but sound is not coming to main output
>> (this happened to me once)
>
> Do you mean wiring in jack, or in ardour itself? Jack-wise everything
> _seems_ to be OK, and ardour opened with other projects working fine
> confirms this.
>
> Within ardour, I'm not sure what to check...

sometimes, ardour is unable to recreate some jack connections when it
loads a session, for reasons i haven't been able to pinpoint yet.
check the small "ardour log" window for error messages.

i suspect some zombie jack ports somewhere, but i don't know enough
about jack internals to be sure. all i know is that restarting jack and
restarting ardour always fixes the issue for me.

and ever since i've taken to scripting my session set-up, no new
bite-marks have shown up on my keyboard. ;-D