[LAU] Intel graphics chipsets and realtime

hollunder hollunder at lavabit.com
Sun Feb 28 18:56:09 EST 2010

Excerpts from Malte Steiner's message of 2010-02-28 21:30:44 +0100:
> I like the latest Intel Drivers, they can now support realtime generated
> shadows in OpenGL -even on the older 965 - which was not possible some
> time ago.

I got one of those in my very cheap laptop.

> Problem under Arch at the moment that they are for the latest
> kernel but the Audioarch patched kernel is a version behind. The joys of
> rolling distributions. But the stock kernel is ok for now too.

I built .33-rt4 today and did a very brief test (boot, loading an ardour
project) and it seems to work so far. It didn't have KMS. I wonder
whether the graphics driver is responsible for the odd xrun I got out of
nowhere with .31-rt.

> I use realtime 3D and realtime soundsynthesis the same time for audiovisual
> concertperformances and about to show something at the upcomming LAC.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

It would be nice to see that, I just hope I can make it to the LAC.

Regards,
Philipp