[LAU] n00b help with MUSE, and another thing

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:47:14 EST 2010

Hi Simon,

You probably already got my reply from the tube. :)

2010/1/6 J. Simon van der Walt <tedthetrumpet at gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to get going with MUSE, watching this video
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11VWsbeT35s#t=1m44s
>
> At the point linked to, the contextual menu shows 'Add Synth', but I
> don't seem to have that option; various other types of track I can
> add, but not that. Any ideas?

For others benefit; the add synth context menu alternative is new in
1.0 so best would be to upgrade to it. Lots of fixes and new features
too.

> Second, probably stupidly basic and annoying question; as soon as I
> launch Jack, I lose all sound from the YouTube video I'm trying to
> watch in Firefox. How does one get around that?

This is a common problem in Linux. Jack hogs the entire sound card,
making it impossible for firefox to send audio to it.
There are some ways to circumvent this, start firefox through a
wrapper, change the output plugin of firefox, perhaps someone else has
better info here.

Regards,
Robert