[LAU] audio collage?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:49:55 EST 2010

Renato wrote:

> yeah, but all files would be converted entirely to wav, taking up
> potentially much hard disk space... I was concerned about this.

This might be an issue. You could however check along the way or up
front if the user is running out of space. Since it's only temporary,
it's not a big deal, unless of course you in fact run out of space
during the process. If you really only need a certain part of the output
in the first place a solution could be to output the whole file to wav
and then trim the unwanted snips off each file after converting it to wav.

Still if it's supposed to be used for anything serious, a lossy output
format is not the way to go.

> Does mplayer have a way to trim? i.e. outputting only a portion of the
> file, not the whole from beggining to end

Might be...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk