[LAU] vinyl import to FLAC

frank pirrone frankpirrone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:54:09 EST 2010

Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 22:54 +0100, Martin wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Still strange that Audacity crashes when selecting a different
>> recording device...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Martin
>>

> Did the same thing (on linux) when selecting JACK as input/output.

Yes, I have seen some instability in that application, which I've used
fairly frequently over the years, relative to hardware selection.  I've
gotten hard hangs, I believe in both the Linux and the OS X versions,
when selecting a hardware option that it doesn't "like."

Still, it's an excellent application, with all that it does right "out
of the box," and in regards interface design and toolset, and
configuration options...or, simply, the way the program handles.

Frank