[LAU] audio collage?

6c62 6c62 at 6c62.net
Tue Jan 12 09:39:57 EST 2010

Atte André Jensen schrieb:
> Renato wrote:
>
>> ha, I guess the sox you have doesn't handle mp3. does 'play file.mp3'
>> work? It was the first time I ever used sox so I'm no expert...
>> probably compile time options?
>
> No:
>
> atte at vestbjerg:~/tmp/collage/licks$ play do_you_like_it.mp3
> play FAIL formats: no handler for file extension `mp3'
>
> Indeed a compile time option. Another reason to be extra careful with sox.

Atte, as far as I remember, you use an Debian-based OS, don't you? In
that case, you need to install the "libsox-fmt-FILETYPE" package(s).
Some one or two years ago, file type support has been separated into a
number of packages. It's probably easiest to just use "aptitude install
libsox-fmt-all."

Best regards,
Lutz