[LAU] Who?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:03:49 EST 2010

I've been a big fan of the Dr. Who theme song for a long time, but for
whatever reason, I had no idea who Delia Derbyshire was until
recently.

http://www.delia-derbyshire.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delia_Derbyshire

I recently watched on YouTube the making of the Dr. Who theme song,
and learned that it was done prior to the synthesizer, using amazing
techniques (early electronic music-type stuff):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzF9PyM-FCA

Wow.  Just wow.

So I thought it would be fun to see if you all would be interested in
having a little contest in honor of Derbyshire.  Let's each remake the
Doctor Who theme using any app/styles you see fit (using Linux/FLOSS
tools, of course) and submit the entries.  I would suspect that this
would be a lot of fun, and we would get a lot of interesting results.

So in summary, here are the rules:

Doctor Who theme, any way you see fit (techno, country, abstract, etc.)
Use Linux/FLOSS tools
Due by Feb 1st???

The only downside is I don't see that there would be a way to pick a
clear winner, and honestly there doesn't need to be one.  Just make
sure you describe your process so we can all learn from it.

What say ye all?  Would this be interesting enough for all of you to
get involved in?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com