[LAU] yoshimi 0.053-pre2 reports "unknown version 1.0110" for various .cxx files?

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sun Jan 17 04:38:33 EST 2010

Sorry if I'm all over the place a bit with this, life's a bit like
that at the moment.

david wrote:
> I got the same results with or without RT set in JACK. I don't have an
> RT kernel here, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to other
> software. Including yoshimi-0.036. That Yoshimi starts with or without RT.

Up to 0.045 it used to try for SCHED_FIFO and keep going if it couldn't get
it. At 0.045 I went to using pthread to manage it, and for reasons I don't
remember I chose to enforce a need for SCHED_FIFO on some of the threads
( after all, there are some standards that simply must be upheld you know).

There's two different aspects to "realtime". The rt kernel is one, but you
can get quite excellent results with standard current generation kernels.
When you get to the point where you really do need an rt kernel, things are
getting pretty serious.

The big one is realtime privileges. Whether you use an rt kernel or not, you
need to get those privileges organised. Good things happen when you do.

cheers, Cal