[LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:14:03 EST 2010

rosea grammostola wrote:
> cal wrote:
>> rosea grammostola wrote:
>>
>>> [ ... ]
>>> On Ubuntu 9.10, no xruns, no matter which keyboard I use....
>>>
>>> If I recall well, there where some ulimit issues on my debian
>>> system... But they where vague...
>>> On Debian testing:
>>>
>>> $ ulimit -a
>>> core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
>>> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
>>> scheduling priority             (-e) 0
>>> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
>>> pending signals                 (-i) 16382
>>> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
>>> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
>>> open files                      (-n) 1024
>>> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
>>> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
>>> real-time priority              (-r) 99
>>> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
>>> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
>>> max user processes              (-u) unlimited
>>> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
>>> file locks                      (-x) unlimited
>>>

>> Mine's exactly the same. I can't see it being ulimit though. My prime
>> suspect
>> would be rtprio rights, next would be the kernel.
>>
> How do I troubleshoot that? How can I find out if it's rtprio?
>
> I don't think the kernel itself is the problem, I tried different ones.
>
>> A left fieldish memory prompts me to ask, is it the same window
>> manager on
>> ubuntu as the debian testing?
> I have kde4 installed and use apps from it, but I use fluxbox as wm.
>
> In Ubuntu it is gnome
>
> \r

Another problem which I may have is a direct rendering problem with my
video card driver, matrox, mga... dunno if that can be related to an
audio issue....

(EE) MGA(0): [drm] Failed to initialize DMA! (-2)
(II) MGA(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) MGA(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0xf7c2e000 at 0xb780d000
(II) MGA(0): [drm] Closed DRM master.
(WW) MGA(0): Direct rendering disabled