[LAU] M-Audio Axiom 49

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:59:12 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Danni Coy <danni.coy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the Axiom 61.... Basically everything is configurable using the the
> keyboard itself. I found the configuration fairly straight forwards in fact
> it hadn't even occurred to me that there would be software to do this task.

I don't own one and I was wrong saying that only the rotary
encoders are assignable, certainly all are.
Some devices, not the axiom, are only configurable via
software, e.g. the korg nano family (works with wine).

Many applications let the user do the assignment, e.g ardour,
phasex or ams. Others with fixed controller numbers, e.g.
zyn/yoshimi azr3jack need either their own dedicated hardware
preset (if such thing is available on the MIDI controller in use)
or one of the midi routing applications mentioned above.

best,